To All The Soldiers....May God Bless

Well this post is going out to the soldiers that serve our country. I must admit I never really had a sense of patriotism until Mike joined the Army back in 2004. Since that time, I have come to realize how much the freedom we enjoy in our country rests on the men and women who serve in the armed forces.

Mike served in the Army for three years and I was excited the day his enlistment was OVER! It meant no more going away for long periods of time, having a husband and father at home again, no more worrying about being deployed to Iraq, etc. But tonight I was talking to my great friend Alicia - who we met while in the army. Her husband too, served his time and retired from the Army. However, a few weeks ago he received a letter demanding his return to deploy to Iraq for 12-15 months. Paul is now active duty army, and being shipped off to Iraq to serve our country.
We pray for your safe return Paul, we love you and our prayers are with you always!

I know these soldiers put their life on the line for us everyday, and for that I am truly grateful. I would like to remind everyone of the sacrifice that a soldiers family makes as well. The wives that remain home with the children, being both a mother and a father, THANK YOU! It is not an easy job being a mom, and having to do it alone is much harder. Not only do you have the stress of being a single parent, but you also have the constant stress of knowing that your spouse is in danger every minute of every day. Being a soldiers wife is not easy. So hang in there Alicia, I know you can do it! I don't mind listening to you vent and complain - whenever you need it, I am here! And, thank you for being strong enough to let your husband go serve so we at home can enjoy our freedom!

Since it is Thanksgiving time and the time to remember what we are thankful for, I would like to express my thanks to those serving our country, in all areas. Be it soldiers overseas, at war, and at home protecting us here...THANK YOU! I am grateful I live in a country where I have the freedom to believe in what I want, the freedom to raise my children how I see fit, and the freedom to love and honor my God, my Heavenly Father.

No comments: