Sweet, Sensitive, Thoughtful Cooper

I must say I have the sweetest, most sensitive, and thoughtful seven year old on the planet! Why? Well, the story goes a little something like this.

Yesterday was rough. Church starts at 9:00 a.m. and I try to get there early to set up a table to promote Enrichment Night and activities. Normally I like to try and be out the door by 8:30 - this gives me enough time to load the kids, load the stuff, unload the stuff, set up the table, unload the kids and get them to primary...yes, there is much loading and unloading! So, we didn't get out the door until 8:45 and in my book, WE ARE LATE! And, I don't do LATE. (Don't get me started on being late...that is another post all in itself!) Surprisingly enough, I get everything taken care of ON TIME and I am feeling pretty good about things. I have just a few minutes to get the kids out of the car and into primary when someone "says something" and totally hurts my feelings. Yeah I know, sounds childish, but I do have feelings and they do get hurt. I walk out to the car doing my best to hold in the tears, but didn't make it to far. Cooper sees me crying and is insisting to know why I am sad. I told him not to worry about it, I was okay and to go to primary.

And the church day continues.....

We get home and Cooper is still persistent. He wants to know why I was sad. I told him someone said something that made me feel bad, but I was okay. He apologizes and gives me a hug and then wants to know WHO it was. I told him it didn't matter, it was over with and just to forget about it.

Conversation with Cooper later in the day:

Cooper: "Mom, what time do you wake up in the morning?"

Me: "Around 7:00 so I can get you guys up and ready for school. Why?"

Cooper: "Because I am going to get up early, I have a surprise for you."

Me: "Okay! (with excitement)

And that was that. I didn't hear anything else about it the rest of the day. We go to bed, I go to sleep and I am sleeping pretty good - I was stinkin' tired!

Alarm sounds at 7:00 a.m. and I hit the SNOOZE button, I needed a few more minutes...eight to be exact! Then all of the sudden I hear a shuffle and a soft whisper "Mom. Good morning!" I open my eyes to see Cooper and Charlee standing by my bedside holding a plate of breakfast. I sat up with a smile, looking down at what they so sweetly made me! An Eggo waffle with syrup, a Dove chocolate on the side and a can of Coke! (I would have taken a picture because it was so adorable, but Charlee managed to break my camera...yep, she's in BIG trouble!)

I don't think it gets much sweeter than this! I truly have wonderful children! Thank you Cooper and Charlee for breakfast in bed!

4 comments:

McRae Family said...

Ok that is so cute....I just might have a tear or two...you know that you are loved and you have the best kids. I love you!

shaunna and scott said...

I have tears running down my face right now!!!! I shouldn't be so suprised. Cooper is the most thoughtful sweetest boy ever. You are so lucky to have such wonderful kids. They love you so much! And they are so lucky to have such an amazing mom.

anne said...

O my goodness! That is the cutest thing I've ever heard! What a sweetheart you have! :)

Brooke said...

What a sweet boy you have! I'm glad he's taking care of his wonderful mom!